Toss your razor and stop with painful, time-consuming waxing appointments.
Laser Hair Removal is a non-invasive treatment that safely removes unwanted hair without damaging the skin. Using an intense, pulsing beam of light, Laser Hair Removal passes through the skin to reach targeted hair follicles where the energy is absorbed and transformed into heat that disables these unwanted follicles, leaving the surrounding area unaffected. Laser Hair Removal offers longer-lasting results than other hair removal methods such as shaving, tweezing, or electrolysis.
Cutting Edge Technology
We perform Laser Hair Removal with the revolutionary Splendor X, the world’s first Hybrid Laser Hair Removal system. The Splendor X features the first-ever square footprint and uses an innovative blend of two simultaneous wavelengths to perform at lightning speed. With this impressive technology, you will enjoy a highly effective, comfortable, and quick hair removal treatment, unlike anything you have ever seen before.
Why the SPLENDOR X?
- Removes unwanted hair from virtually anywhere on the body
- Utilizes unprecedented power and rapid coverage rates
- Faster and fewer sessions
- Long-lasting results
- Comfortable treatments
Results That Last
To permanently remove hair, the hair germinal cells must be killed. This is done by using a laser whose wavelength matches the pigment of the hair. The heat absorbed by the pigment travels to the germinal cells and permanently injures them. In the growth phase of a hair cycle (one of 3 phases of the life of a hair), the hair is attached to the germ cells so the heat is effectively transferred to them. In the other 2 phases of the hair cycle, the heat will not lead to killing the germ cell.
Most people will need about 6 treatments to achieve a long-lasting reduction in hair growth.
WHO IS THE SPLENDOR X IDEAL FOR?
- Ideal for all skin types, even tanned skin
- All ethnicities
- Book your appointment now!
WHAT PRE/POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT?
- Full body treatments are generally 30-40 minutes, whereas other devices are 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Typically patients will require 6 treatments to achieve full results.
- Inform your provider of any changes in medical history and of all medications you are taking.
- Shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication, or any irritating or drying products for 3 days prior to each treatment.
- Please notify your provider of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may have an effect on the ability to safely or effectively provide treatment.
- You may bring makeup or concealer to re-apply on facial areas or to cover redness post-treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles, and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
- If crusting or blistering develops, apply Vaseline or ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact our office if the area shows signs of a worsening condition.
- Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
AM I A CANDIDATE?
Splendor X™ can treat all ethnicities and skin types. It cannot treat grey hair, nor can any laser hair removal. It can treat blonde hair with limited efficacy. Splendor X™ can also treat the fine vellus hairs near the end of the treatment cycles. It can also treat tanned skin, but not a fresh tan within a week, nor on burnt skin.
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE RECOMMENDED AFTER MY TREATMENT?
Privé-Swiss MedSpa offers a variety of medical-grade skincare products to use in conjunction with your treatment plan. Our aestheticians and professional staff recommend only the products necessary to boost and maintain the results of your facial treatments.